Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My First Commisssioned Painting

I'm pretty excited about this one, we're getting our first commissioned painting, the artist, Karen Fildes, is bringing it in to the gallery today.

We had an event with her at the gallery a month or so ago and people brought in little trinkets and things that were important to them, and she arrange them, and paint them. Her work has amazing symbolism, and she arranged my items in a way that clearly represents our family. I'll explain more when I post the image. Her work is really amazing, I have one painting of hers already that I love, and I'm excited to have another. The one I have now hangs above my nightstand in my room, and feels personal. This one is definitely family related and will go in the dining room.

Karen will do commissions for anyone, so if it sounds like a cool idea to you, let me know! I'll hook you up!

2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

You have been busy :0)
I gave you a little shout out on my blog.
:0)

WSU Laura said...

Hi, Just came here via Laurie Anne. I can't wait to see the painting - it sounds lovely. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.