Monday, May 12, 2008

We Met the Crew of the Northwestern from Deadliest Catch!

I heard last week that the crew of the Northwestern would be at the Helly Hansen in Alderwood Thursday night. I was excited! I knew Enzo would get a kick out of meeting them, he talks about Sig, the captain, all the time. The only thing was, Enzo had his Family Night performance that same night. I was determined to make it happen. I didn't know if there would be a huge line or what.

So, I picked Enzo up from school, we picked Matt up from work, and drove to Alderwood Mall, almost an hour away. We found the Helly Hansen and walked in, I thought there would be a line, but there was no one! We went in and Edgar was standing there just hanging out. We were able to spend five minutes or so just visiting with him. What a nice guy. Enzo was pretty shy, but he gave him five.

Once the crew all got together, they signed the picture that we'd taken the week before of their boat, the Northwestern. Matt bought Enzo a hat and they signed it for him. It was a good experience.

After that, we raced back to Federal Way, to Enzo's school, for his Family Night performance. He was awesome! He did a great job singing and did all the hand motions. He wanted to stay after and help clean up too. So we stayed until the very end. It was a great night, but we all went to bed exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is totally awesome! The Northwestern in my favorite boat on the show!